Thursday, October 14, 2010

You say “Fight!” I say “Die!”

You say “Fight!” I say “Die!”
Bruises, Cuts, Breaks, and Bleeds.
This is what we’ve reduced to be?
You want to raise fists and fight, but I want to lay down and die.
What started the clenching of teeth and poison seeping through our words?
Bitter exchanges. Raised voices. Sharpened daggers. Bloodied aftermath.
What else can we accomplish tonight?
Perhaps, I’ll attack your self confidence.
Perhaps, you’ll attack my self image.
Round by round, this boxing match grows weary with love and energized with hate.
We skillfully jab at the vulnerable spot on the opponent.
This fighting was the death of me and the only funeral you’ve attended.
What started as a blessing turned into spoiled milk.
The violent dance continues as we swing fists round and round the ring.
You say “Fight!” I say “Die!”

No comments:

Post a Comment