Thursday, October 14, 2010

Deception, you're so beautiful

I've been told that the Devil dresses in red.
That his appearance is frightening.
That his countenance is demise itself.
I've been told to run from the demon in red.
To not touch his pointy pitchfork with a shine.
They warned me of the fiery arrows that protude from his mouth.
Ah, but do they not know that deception is beautiful?
Deception, you're so beautiful.

When I first saw him, he dressed in beautiful colors.
Like the colorful coat of Joseph, he shined.
Innocence, pure innocence in his tone of kindness.
The most fascinating spectrums of color in his eyes.
And those lips. They seemed to be dripping with an oil.
Deception, you're so beautiful.

We are blind to his approach without discernment and wisdom.
I didn't even recognize him in those clothes, those handsome eyes.
I was looking out for a red devil, not a beautiful one.
And what he has to offer, was nothing I'd seen before.
Death never looked so good.
Candy was offered to me by this kind stranger.
Deception, your candy is so delcious.

You are a fool to think that sin is not fun.
That the candy is not delicious.
Ah, but only for a time, only in the moment!
The creature stroked my hair as I licked the lollipop.
Ah what pleasure! But only in the moment!
Deception, your candy is so delicious, for a time.

With a most tempting smile he asked me a simple question.
"How many licks does it take to get to the center of a lollipop?"
How charming and witty he is! A humour of his own.
With curiosity I ventured further into the candy.
With my last lick, I estimated nearly 256 licks of pleasure.
And his wide cherry eyes stared at my throat.
In that moment, my throat was on fire. Hell was in my throat.
Deception, your candy burns my throat.

My tongue experienced the deepest waves of pleasure to
the deepest waves of torture and horror.
A trick! A trick! I screamed at him.
I searched for water to satiate the burn, the flames.
He leaned down to me and held my head.
With a hint of compassion he held out another lollipop.
"Here my dear, a lollipop resembling water to satiate the burn."
Desperate, I licked that blue lollipop. Ah, and relief came!
Deception, you offer candy to relieve the first sin.

With each lick, I calmed down with a slow smile.
There was relief in this candy and it covered up the previous sin's sting.
With horror I watched the devil lick his lips and stare at my heart.
Immediately, my heart seemed to tear. What excruciating pain!
My heart was ripping! A trick! A trick! I screamed.
This pain tripled with each scream. I knew I couldn't satiate this pain.
My body convulsed and I shook on the floor. He stood above me and laughed.
Taunting me, he held out his hands of candy. "Here darling, more pleasure. Eat."
Deception, you taunt with more candy.

And this is where we become addicts. We are convinced we love this candy.
Despite the horror and consquential warnings, we indulge in that creature's candy.
Don't you see? That beautiful creature gracefully approaches you only to
kill your heart, steal your appetite, and destroy your being.
He is the greatest actor alive.
I believed that he loved me, admired my beauty. Ah but he despises me.
He has no intention of treasuring me. No intent of keeping me alive.
Deception, you are the greatest actor alive.

Deception, I'll expose your horror disguised in pleasure and beauty.
And you should know Deception,
Greater is He that dwells within me than you who dwells in an illusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment