Thursday, October 14, 2010

You bite me with Frostbitten Words

You bite me with frostbitten words.
And my lungs crystallize with the cold frost in your glare.
The wind picks up your chilled sighs and brushes over my glassy eyes.
The temperature decreases and these tear ducts freeze.

Perhaps, these words were never meant to kill the heart.
And perhaps, they were never meant to charm the winter.
But, please, before you exhale that long breath, turn away from me.
You bite me with those frostbitten sighs.

Your lips are numb and highlighted with blue and purple bruises.
That mouth hasn’t smiled a word since I don’t know when.
And, as your lips break and bleed, you splatter that blood on the victims.
Don’t you see, those words you spit are like traps set for me.
Oh, poor soul, these words will only come back and haunt your cold sanity.

No matter the strength of these frostbitten words, I will spew my warm breath on you.
No matter that your tongue cuts and severs the smile in me, I will cut and sever the evil in you.
No matter the numbness of your heart towards me, I will pump circulation in those veins.
No matter the cost of disappointment, I will pay the rent of your misfortune till no end.
Oh frostbitten words, I will turn you into roses without thorns.

No comments:

Post a Comment