Thursday, October 14, 2010

Curse. Nurse. Rehearse.

Ouch! It was that little kid who ran with scissors!
It seems he has punctured my knee!
With these wide eyes and mouth,
the bleeding runs like a bubble bath.
So off to the nurse I go.
With a skeptical brow she looks me down.
She puts a hot cloth over the cut
and here's where I SCREEEAM.
OUCH you're hurting me!
She shrugs off my plee
straps a red bandaid on this knee.
With a harsh slap on the back
she sends me to my chair.

I sat waiting in the chair
with an itchy itchy stare.
The red bandaid began to bother me.
Oh! Curiosity won the best of me
So i looked side to side
making sure no one could see
me unveiling this bubbling cut of mine.

It stung just looking at it.
Immediately I cursed that child who cut me!
How dare he scar then just disperse.
Curse Curse! You ruined my perfect knee!
And that's when i ran off in my mind.
I played the clip of him running with scissors.
Each rewind brought me greater delight.
Rehearse Rehearse! What a good actor he was!
Rehearse Rehearse, it only ended with a curse.

Ah, but how delightful it was!
I licked my lips and stared in awe.
This blood made me thirsty for more.
So i touched the wound
and oh it made me snarl!
The pain so real, so safe.
I nursed and nursed this wound.
Nurse Nurse! I think it's back to health?
Perhaps not. But what a good nurse I am!

And so you see, it's a vicious circle!
I curse. I nurse. Then rehearse.
WHAT FOOLISHNESS you see!
Thank goodness something was invented
for people like me.
Forgiveness was invented just for me.
The wise inventor used it on me.
And now I can give it out for free!

Now when you see me. Ah!
Don't assume I'll attack and snarl!
For the inventor has given me
and new motto you see
Forgive. Forget. FUN!
This cut will not destroy me.
I forgive. I forget. I have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment